Friday 28 November 2014

EXCLUSIVE : Didier Drogba speaks to Oma Akatugba.Talks about his age,retirement plans,Ivory coast and Nigeria.


Didier Drogba is perhaps the Biggest African Footballer alive.His record speaks volume of the kind of footballer he is.Off the pitch he is also as great as he is on it as he has touched so many lives across the world especially in his home country Ivory Coast where he is Building Hospitals to help the poor get free healthcare and stand a chance to live and pursue thier dreams just like him.

AT 36 he is still waxing stronger scoring goals for his Club Chelsea on his return after 2 years away.

He spoke with Nigerian International football expert,Oma Akatugba In gelsenkirchen Germany after Chelsea´s victory over Schalke 04.

Oma:You are 36 and still scoring,what is the secrete

Drogba: There is no secrete,for me its a passion.I am happy to be on the pitch.Anytime i have the chance to be on the football pitch i try to enjoy it that's why I keep going.Its all about passion.

Oma.Any plans to retire in the next 1 or 2 years ?

Drogba : I have to think about it soon ehn...laughs..but i try to to enjoy the moment and one day for sure it would have to come.You can not continue forever,it has to stop one day.

Oma:I follow you on instagram so i see you are already preparing for retirement by building hospitals.Please tell us about that project.

Drogba: Ahh this is i would say the game of my life.Building hospitals and setting up a mobile team to go to people to make checks and try to save lives......Diego costa nudges him at the back jokingly...That is Diego Costa you know he said to......I know him with a smile.I know him,he has taken your place at Chelsea.......Drogba cuts in ....I never had a specific place in Chelsea.I am a part of the team and you can see everybody is giving his best and working for the team.That is our focus at Chelsea.

Oma: Talking about working for the club.are you looking at taking up a job at Chelsea after retirement? 

Drogba : Not really.What am looking at at  the moment is how can i help the team achieve success.What can i bring to the team,how can i help the team.Thats the most important thing.I dont look at 4,5 or 10 yeas.My focus is now.

Oma: When would ivory coast win the Nations Cup ? 

Drogba:I hope  so,i am from ivory coast i hope we win the nations cup.I was sad for your country Nigeria.You have a great team and Obi Mikel my team mate is one of the leaders of the team so i was sad for them but at the same  feel its good for the other teams to qualify as they deserve to be there.I hope Ivory coast would win the nations cup this time.



1 comment:

  1. Wow... First and Foremost, it's an eyesore trying to read the interview man!

    Secondly, please do some proof reading first before posting.

    ReplyDelete